Virtual Breastfeeding Support
Virtual Breastfeeding SupportLora Steffie As a former hospital RN, having worked in the NICU, Labor & Delivery and Postpartum, I knew I wanted more influence over my patients’ care and, thus, became a dual certified Women’s Health and Family Nurse Practitioner. With over 20 years of nursing experience, many of those spent assisting with lactation journeys, I have worked with a myriad of new and growing families. In 2015, I helped launch one of only a few Nationally Certified Breastfeeding Centers near my hometown in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Since the onset of the COVID19 pandemic, I have realized just how difficult obtaining lactation care and education are for many families who do not want to leave the comfort of their own home, thus the birth of lactation telehealth.
Having attended Cedar Crest College in Allentown, PA for my Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing degree and Drexel University for Masters in Nursing with my Women’s Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner, I learned to evaluate the science and apply my research to patient care. Wanting to be able to care for the babies, led me to a Post Masters’ Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Recently, I enrolled in Pennsylvania State University’s Doctoral of Nursing Practice Program, where I am completing some research on lactation care.
I am also the mother of three wonderful children, all who had different breastfeeding journeys. They taught me the patience I offer each of my patients during a non-rushed, evidence-based, compassionate consultation. I enjoy teaching, and perhaps those children taught me that also. I look forward to being your chosen provider for lactation care and education.
Virtual Breastfeeding Consults For Parents And Parents-To-Be Anywhere. Anytime.
Virtual Visit Types
Seen us before? Follow-up Lactation Consult
Have we been privileged to see you before for this baby? Are you having ongoing concerns? If so, this is the appointment for you! Let us schedule you for that follow up lactation consult today!
Why Choose a Virtual Visit
Thinking about scheduling a visit?
- Our goal is to support all new parents and provide the most comprehensive, evidence-based support available.
- All our visits are completed in the comfort of your own home via our virtual telehealth platform. All you need is a well-lit space and an electronic device like your phone, ipad or computer with a working camera and speakers.
- Our secure platform allows us to maintain the same privacy as visiting an in-person provider.
Benefits of our virtual/telehealth lactation care:
- We can care for moms anywhere, anytime.
- Same-day appointments.
- Evening appointments and weekend appointments available by request.
- Most insurers, including Tricare, offer 6 sessions of 100% covered expert lactation care.
- Expert advice, when you need it most, from a real mom-owned company that has been supporting lactating parents for years.
How does a virtual breastfeeding consult work?
- Schedule a time via our booking calendar, or call our office at (866) 255-6779.You’ll receive a confirmation email and an email to complete your registration/intake.
- Our team of professionals will verify your insurance.
- You will complete a brief intake form sent to you via email, at least one hour prior to your appointment. Your intake form allows us to begin to focus the appointment on what your needs are for that day.
- About 15 minutes prior to your visit, ensure you are in a well-lit space with good wi-fi connection and log in via the link that is sent to you.
- We will do the rest. Our experienced IBCLCs will review your concerns and collaborate with you and you primary care team to develop a feeding plan that meets your needs and supports your feeding goals.
What Moms Have To Say About Us
We Accept Insurance
Virtual Breastfeeding FAQ
At The Breastfeeding Shop, we work with your insurance to provide you with not only breast pumps, but also maternity support bands, maternity compression socks, postpartum recovery garments, and milk storage bags. We bill your insurance provider or healthcare coverage to get them at no cost to you.
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare Select
- Tricare – Other
- Tricare OVERSEAS
- Champ VA
- Amerihealth Caritas (in PA)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Indiana
- Anthem Blue Cross of Virginia
- Anthem Blue Cross of Ohio
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
- Capital Blue (in PA)
- Caresource (in KY)
- Caresource (in WV)
- Caresource (in GA)
- Choice Care
- Delaware State Medicaid
- Florida Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Gateway (in PA)
- Geisinger (in PA)
- Health Partner Plans (in PA)
- Highmark (in PA)
- Highmark Delaware
- Highmark Health Options of Delaware
- Highmark West Virginia
- Indiana Medicaid
- Martins Point
- Nebraska State Medicaid
- Nebraska Total Care
- Parkview Signature Care
- South Dakota Medicaid
- Vermont Medicaid
No! We take care of all communication and billing to your insurance company so you don’t have to speak with them at all! At The Breastfeeding Shop, we want to allow you to spend your time preparing for or with your baby without the hassle of also having to deal with an insurance company.
- Spectra S1 Plus Breast Pump
- Spectra S2 Plus Breast Pump
- Spectra S9 Breast Pump
- Medela Pump In Style Advanced with MaxFlow Technology Breast Pump
- Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
- Ardo Calypso Breast Pump
- Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
- EvenFlo Breast Pump
- Lansinoh Breast Pump
- Freemie Independence Breast Pump
- BabyBuddha Breast Pump
- Motif Luna Breast Pump
- Zomee Breast Pump
- Elvie Breast Pump
- Willow Breast Pump